What is Acne / Pimples? What causes them?
Acne or pimple is an inflammatory condition of the pilosebaceous unit, i.e. the hair and sebum-producing gland, in the skin. These pilosebaceous units are found in great numbers in the face, chest and back of the body. Correspondingly, the common areas where acne occurs are also in these particular areas. Acne / Pimples forms in 4 stages:
(1) Overproduction of sebum (oil) in the pores;
(2) Formation of comedones (i.e blackheads and whiteheads) due to accumulation of sebum in the pores and shedded skin cells;
(3) Infection of nutrient rich sebum collection by bacteria Propionibacterium acnes; and
(4) Inflammation with formation of pus in pustules, nodules and cysts.
Acne / Pimple commonly starts at puberty, in the teenage years, but they can also start past the age of puberty in adulthood. Some suffer from acne way into their forties. The chest and back of the body is another place where acne / pimples can appear.
Acne / Pimple often causes people to feel defeated, depressed, devastated and embarrassed as they feel that their facial skin is un-presentable to the outside world. If you are reading this, you may already tried many over-the-counter products which are found on the shelves of various pharmacy, but nothing works.
In other words, acne / pimples are multifactorial. No single treatment is sufficient to eliminate them from coming back again and again. A combination of treatments such as the necessary prescription medications and laser light treatments we have available at Tiffiny Yang Aesthetics & Surgery are far superior in efficacy than any single treatment alone.
When should Treatment for Acne be sought?
Acne / pimple outbreak is one of the most easily treatable skin conditions. So, see us as soon as possible. It is not ideal to wait, since effective medical treatment is widely available and early treatment prevents the onset of acne scarring that can be difficult to treat.*
Acne / pimple outbreaks, if left alone, may form uneven or pigmented acne scars, therefore acne / pimples should be treated as soon as possible to prevent such scarring.
Please click here to see our treatment options for the removal of acne scars.
What Treatment for Acne do we recommend?
Our specially formulated Pimple-Less Package at SGD 2950 for treatment of Acne includes:
1) Tiffiny Yang Skincare Acne Facial Wash + Age Defense & Brightening Serum x 1 set
2) Acne Buster Medifacial x 5 sessions
The Acne Buster Medifacial has been specially formulated by us, with steps in the 90-minute facial programme that targets all the potential causes of acne formation. Besides the cleansing and massaging of effective products into the skin for acne treatment, it also includes ALL of the following treatments below:
- Hydrafacial: The suction mechanism of this machine, combined with exfoliation by salicylic acid, removes the dead skin cells which clogs the pores, as well as cleanses the pores deeply so as to reduce formation of comedones e.g. whiteheads and blackheads which lead to acne.
- IPL for acne: Our USA FDA approved medical grade IPL machine uses a targeted wavelength of light to kill bacteria on the skin that causes the red and angry inflammatory response of acne. It also rejuvenates the skin for better healing and reduces the likelihood of pigmentary scar formation.
- Omni-laser LED light for acne: This makes use of LED light that helps the skin to fight the bacteria that causes acne and also enhances the rejuvenation process of the other treatments as well as improve healing. Read more about it here.
This Medifacial programme alone may already by sufficient to control mild acne. (Also available as individual session at SGD 280 only.)
3) Spectra Carbon Laser Peel for Acne Removal x 5 sessions
On top of the above Medifacial for Acne, the Spectra carbon laser peel is particularly effective* in treating active acne and clearance of comedones as well as pores. It targets the specific pathways in acne formation so as to cure acne from the root of the problem – laser light that eliminates the offending bacteria that causes the red and angry inflammatory reaction of pimples, exfoliation to remove dead skin cells and deeply cleans the pores, heat to make pores smaller so as to reduce comedonal formation (whiteheads/blackheads) and lightening of healing scars that have darkened.
This highly effective package has been specially formulated to ensure that all the causes of acne have been fully targeted so as to eliminate pimples effectively with every step.
Note: After consultation with our doctors, certain acne conditions may also require further medication to control and is subject to the medical assessment during each visit.
After your acne / pimples are under control, you may wish to start treatment for the scars that the acne / pimple had caused. Click here for more details on our acne scar treatment. we are able to effectively improve your acne scars, no matter how stubborn or severe they are, even if your acne scars have been formed for many years.
*Note: As this is a medical procedure, results & outcomes are not guaranteed and may vary from person to person.
For more information
To find out about our treatment or to book an appointment, please call us at 6338 9448 or sms us at 9186 0805 (24 hr) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today. You can also find us here.Request for an appointment
This article was written and produced by Tiffiny Yang Aesthetics & Surgery
“Medical Aesthetics: Fabulous, Not Fake”